Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mark your calendars!

Click here for a video preview featuring
photos from last year’s gala event.


It is that time of year again for the North Shore Design Show: Favorite Spaces exhibit at the Wenham Musuem. This week I am finishing up some of the designed items that I will be displaying in my vignette, which I will set up early next week. There is a great list of designers participating including a few that were seen in the last two issues of New England Finery MagazineWilson Kelsey Design (they designed the contemporary sitting room seen in the photo above), Sebastian Carpenter Design, Gallery Della Piana – plus many other local favorites will be featured.





Design Show Dates:
Saturday, May 14 thru Sunday, May 22
Daily admission to show: in advance $10, at the door $15

Gala Preview Party:
Friday, May 13, 6:30pm to 9:30pm
$75 per ticket; includes week-long admission


Jenny Johnson

The Gala Preview Party, which is always a full house, will be kicked off this year by Honorary Chair Jenny Johnson who hosts NECN’s New England Dream House and the media sponsor for the event is New England Home Magazine. Tickets are available online or by calling the museum at 978-468-2377.



To get a glimpse of what the spaces will look like this year, visit the Wenham Museums facebook page where they will be posting introductions to this year’s designers. The colors of my space are based on the above vintage hope chest that I inherited from my grandparents. I love this mix of orange, turquoise and gold, and have found some special items in these colors that tell the story of living a “farmhouse chic life. That is all I am sharing for now ; )

So get your tickets and set a date to come visit the North Shore Design Show! And while you are in Wenham, there is a lovely tea house across the street which offers a perfect ending after touring the museum. I was just there yesterday enjoying quiche and scones with my friend, Liz Wertz, and her darling little ones, Maeve and Viola. We went to the museum to see the Dollhouse Exhibit and the Pretty in Pink vintage fashions, something my boys would have had no interest in! I do love a “girl’s day out” and the Wenham Museum is a great spot to have one : )



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I would love to hear your thoughts on today’s post. Please note: all comments will be reviewed before being published to protect readers from spam. Thank you!