Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Northshore Magazine Launch Party


I admit it, I love a good party! Seriously, who doesn’t? And when business and pleasure intersect, well sign me up! I recently attended the launch party for the Home issue of Northshore Magazine at Lucia Lighting. Designer Bath has been advertising with Northshore for years so a few of us from the Beverly showroom were there to toast the latest issue.





With my friends from Designer BathBeezee Honan and Sharon Hunt



Our most recent ad in the magazine features the work of Finn-Martens Design. Patricia Finn incorporated items from the Designer Bath showroom in her vignette for the North Shore Design Show held at the Wenham Museum last May. As the Marketing Director at Designer Bath, one of my goals is to support the work of local design professionals. We loved how Pat created a spa retreat with her favorite items from our showroom, and I knew this professional photo taken at the show by Eric Roth would look great as a full page ad. I plan on showing off more designers work in the future ... click here for more details!




Pat was at the launch party with her husband Leon. Our mutual friend, Mary Donovan, who is now working with Landry and Acari, was also among the invited guests. Mary has helped me find the perfect carpet for many of my design show spaces.


Mary Donovan of Landry and Acari
with Leon Martens

Lisa Amore of Lucia Lighting with
Kelly Schetzsle of Northshore Magazine

Along with being a fun place to host a party, Lucia’s has the most amazing selection of classic and on-trend lighting options. I have bought items from them for my own home and have sent many decorating clients their way over the years. In the works is a collaboration for the next North Shore Design Show as well as a special event that we will announce at a later date. 

Selections for the home from the March/April issue of Northshore Magazine



While the Lucia showroom dazzled with its ambient lighting set against a backdrop of historical elegance (the showroom is in a multi-story renovated Victorian mansion), the event itself was beautifully coordinated by my good friend, Laura Gifford of Gifford Events. The food presentation was beyond gorgeous ... click here to see mouth watering photos of the entire menu (plus launch party guests) taken by Barbara Lynch Photography. I really wish I ate more when I had the chance but as usual I was too busy chatting. Here are a couple more photos that I took (and some that I borrowed).


Suzanne Roche of Northshore Magazine with event coordinator Laura Gifford

Sally Wilson of Wilson Kelsey Design with
Kathy Keegan of Northshore Magazine

John Kelsey of Wilson Kelsey Design with Debra LaPorte


in the current issue of Northshore Magazine.



We all left with a full bag of goodies (above are just a few of my favorites) including Designer Bath guest soaps (they smell like lavender and have our logo embedded in them) that I ordered through Sweet Soaps, a great company that I discovered while on Twitter. This is what they looked like before sending them off to the Northshore team ...


Cakes for Occasions of Danvers

Another favorite from the goodie bag was a sprinkle covered chocolate cake pop which was promptly eaten as soon as I got home! Thank you to the team at Northshore Magazine who put together this fabulous event and to Lucy Dearborn at Lucia’s for being such a bright and gracious host!

Click here to see the online version of 
Northshore Magazine Home section.
(I am quoted on page 27 : )







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I would love to hear your thoughts on today’s post. Please note: all comments will be reviewed before being published to protect readers from spam. Thank you!