Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My Happy Place



Working at the Designer Bath showroom for the past six months has opened my eyes to a wide range of beautiful fixtures that I never knew existed before. Along with being crafted of the highest quality materials, the product lines they carry almost always have brand-specific collections created for them by world-renowned designers (Jason Wu for Brizo, Barbara Barry for Kallista, and Phillipe Stark for Duravit for example).


Since I have a few bath renovation projects on my to-do list (well technically on my husbands list : ) I have been daydreaming about bringing home some of the pretty pieces that I have recently discovered. Since there is no way that I can choose just one look (I have come to love and appreciate so many different styles, choosing one will be like choosing a favorite child) I am going to start putting together a few different design plans and then see what works for my “significant others.” Seeing that I share my space with all guys, I have to come up with a look that is boy friendly, but that still appeals to my need for a bit of glam.




My first design plan incorporates a collection from Duravit that is called Happy D created by Sieger Design of Germany. This classic, yet modern, Bauhaus-inspired style is pretty to look at, but not the least bit fussy. I am particularly fond of the metal console beneath the washbasin that functions as a towel bar. Geometric patterns like the herringbone shower curtain and hexagon floor tile work for both boys and girls, while a print of a tuxedoed bird speaks to the formal art of getting dressed in a gender neutral way. By including some bright red accents to this mostly utilitarian space, I get my girlie-fix in a room that still welcomes the yin to my yang. 


Stay tuned for more design plans featuring brands that have caught my eye in the showroom. If you could design the bath of your dreams, what would it look like? 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I would love to hear your thoughts on today’s post. Please note: all comments will be reviewed before being published to protect readers from spam. Thank you!