Thursday, December 10, 2009

Deck the halls preview ...


I am putting together a post on some of my favorite holiday decorating ideas. I will start you off with this winter urn that I just created. Remember how it looked a couple of weeks ago? To make it look more festive for the winter holidays, I took a stroll in my backyard and cut a few branches from a couple different evergreens (if you don’t have pine trees or something similar available to you, take a trip to your local garden supply store and ask for seasonal greenery). Next, I added white painted branches for contrast that I had saved from last years’ decorations (plain twigs would also work).

The best part about this “new
arrangement is that I did not spend one penny! Plus, I got plenty of fresh air while out back cutting my greens. Even when it is starting to get cold outside, it feels good to spend a little quiet time with Mother Nature : )

More ideas to come ...

2 comments:

  1. Great idea, we lack evergreens here in FL but they have some great branches in the stores :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, I have something for you on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I would love to hear your thoughts on today’s post. Please note: all comments will be reviewed before being published to protect readers from spam. Thank you!