Monday, November 9, 2009

More from BDC ... ideas for dining rooms


What I love ... a contemporary light sparkles
above a traditional table and chair set.
An interesting dining room is often a study in contrasts. These photos that I took last week at The Martin Group showroom in the Boston Design Center illustrate how to achieve a designer-look by creating a balance of opposites.


What I love ... pairing dark curved-back leather
chairs with a cream-colored straight edged table.



What I love ... offering cozy bench seating for two
on one or two sides of a smaller-scale table.


What I love ... a variety of chairs pulled up to this
farm table says “guests are welcome here.
”
The large wooden bowl of dried flowers reminded me of something my friend Beth would put together ...


Centerpiece created by Beth last year at a Tablescape Design
demonstration
for the Village Garden Club of Lynnfield.

Join us this weekend at
Beth Hylan Design Studio
for
style tips on creating
a harvest centerpiece for
your Thanksgiving table.
Sat., November 14th
from 2pm to 3pm


Beth Hylan Design Studio
159 Ash Street, Reading, MA
781.246.8552


Public Service Announcement:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I would love to hear your thoughts on today’s post. Please note: all comments will be reviewed before being published to protect readers from spam. Thank you!