Friday, October 30, 2009

More from BH Design Studio

Pick up mini pumpkins, gourds and
other fall decorations
this weekend at
Beth Hylan Design Studio.



Found by Beth ... large scale, pear-shaped
and goose neck gourds. Very cool!



White pumpkin centerpiece with fresh flowers by Beth.


What a whirlwind kind of week this has been! I have been catching up on a number of projects (and attending some great events which I will mention at another time) while planning for this weekend at Beth’s studio. Here are some more images from last weekends version of the shop. As I mentioned, it will be constantly changing to reflect seasonal inventory and guest designers. Since I was the main guest last week, I had three corners in the store to call my own. One is my permanent “Designer Corner” where I have put together a table with a designer vignette. Come by to see the entire space in person (I don’t want to give it all away) but here is a glimpse ...

Corner Number 1

Grapevine wreath with dried flowers created by
Beth hangs on a large black door
that serves
as a stylish backdrop to my designer table.



See if you can spot this bird in the shop ...
it has
been a design favorite of many!


Look for the white tag with the key logo on it ... these
are items that I have found or designed for the shop.


Corner Number 2

Vintage fabrics, wicker pieces and organic elements
combine
with botanical art in the Garden Room.


I designed this space to represent the vintage look and feel of Beth’s work. I also have a table of fabric remnants in this corner that was enjoyed by many visitors who could not pass up a pretty floral print, toile or stripe (just like myself!)

Corner Number 3

The third space I set up as a childrens corner. Vintage games, baby items and youthful decorating ideas filled this space (plus a basket of books to entertain our littlest visitors).

My boys loved these black pencils in the pink decoupaged bucket.

Sweet pin by Beth.



This weekend this booth-like area will be transformed by our new guest, Donna Dreher of Threads Couture. I have partnered with Donna on a number of custom embroidery projects, most recently for The Stevens Estate in North Andover. Come by during the month of November to place your own custom embroidery order.

Loving these!

Donna has a lot of great new items like “cashmere-soft scarfs, gloves and shawls that would make sublime holiday gifts (order one for yourself while you have the chance!) And if you are looking for an accent piece for your home (like a monogrammed pillow) Donna and I can help you in creating it.

Shown here are just a couple of Donna’s items. This corner
is completely
filled now for the weekend ahead.






Beth Hylan Design Studio

159 Ash Street, Reading, MA
Open Saturday 10am to 5pm
Sunday from noon to 5pm
phone 781.246.8552


Napoleonic bee in frame by yours truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I would love to hear your thoughts on today’s post. Please note: all comments will be reviewed before being published to protect readers from spam. Thank you!