Saturday, September 21, 2013

Countdown to BlogTourLA!


A Modenus curated collection I saw while visiting
the Architectural Digest Home Show in 2012


Remember when I almost won a trip to London as a guest of Modenus.com to tour the London design scene with a group of interior design bloggers? If you follow me on twitter then you already know I did not win the coveted spot. The tour is actually wrapping up now ... follow #BlogTourLDN to see the fun places they have been and fab products they have seen.

Although I was disappointed not to be heading to London, I was really happy to have been selected. It really meant a lot to me to be noticed for what I do, which lately seems to lean most towards the promotion of interior design related events, luxury brands, and the art of design. There are many people out there who still do not fully understand the reach and influence of social media marketing and what a valuable tool it is when trying to engage an audience online and in real life. Veronika Miller at Modenus gets it:

“BlogTour has grown in leaps and bounds since we first launched in London in 2011 and we are now one of the most visible blogger initiatives out there with four full days of trade shows, architecture and design and lots of local culture. It’s not just about hopping from cocktail party to cocktail party, although we never say no to a glass of bubbly, it’s about discovering trends and inspiration in far off cities and it’s about empowering you as talented bloggers and designers.”






I am happy to say that there was a silver lining to my not being on the London tour. I was asked by Veronika to attend the next event on her busy schedule as she is hosting back to back tours this year! In early October I will fly out to Los Angeles to attend the WestEdge Design Fair with the next BlogTour group, BlogTourLA! I was invited to attend as a guest of the BlogTour sponsors (yes, all expenses are paid!) and how could I say no?! A number of the sponsoring brands are sold in the Designer Bath showroom where I work. I am looking forward to meeting the people behind these products, learn about new ones, and get to know the other professional interior design bloggers who I will be spending lots of quality time with while on the West Coast. Some bloggers I have met before on other research + development trips, so it will be another fun reunion!








“The new +EDITION collection from Poggenpohl combines classic details with modern appeal. This innovative kitchen design features natural walnut wood veneer along with white lacquer cabinetry, available in flat panel or thin frame detail door styles. New black glass upper wall cabinets include the same thin frame details with finished interiors and LED lighting.”





Sponsors of BlogTourLA include Blanco, Poggenpohl, DuVerre Hardware, Gaggenau, Gessi, Lamps Plus, Laufen, and Mr Steam.  Thank you for allowing me to be part of the BlogTour community! I know I will learn a lot on this trip (which I will share upon my return) while being inspired by great design in the company of like-minded individuals. There is something special about being with people who understand what you do, why you do it, and are willing to discuss design industry topics almost exclusively (while sipping the aforementioned bubbly, of course!) I’ll toast to that! 

Stay tuned for more #BlogTourLA updates! 














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I would love to hear your thoughts on today’s post. Please note: all comments will be reviewed before being published to protect readers from spam. Thank you!