Wednesday, November 28, 2012

My picks from Pottery Barn

It’s easy to mix plaids, prints, solids and textures in one area when
they have a color in common (this year it is a rich red).

Walk into any Pottery Barn and you will leave with either bags filled with home decor goodies or a mind full of I-can-do-that ideas. Last month, my friends and I from the Village Home and Garden Club of Lynnfield (we officially added a home decorating component to our program this year) had our meeting hosted at the Pottery Barn located at the North Shore Mall. Two of their design associates shared with us their tips for setting a holiday table and switching out everyday living room decor with holiday inspired pieces.

Everything in their showroom works together visually, so you really can’t go wrong when bringing home new pillows covers, blankets, table top accessories, etc. You can save a little money, however, by shopping around at lower priced home good type stores, but the styling at PB is worth the trip.

I did see two items that spoke to me ...

$49.00 for salad plates
$59.00 for dinner plates

When entertaining for the holidays, having an extra dinner set on hand is so much better than resorting to paper or plastic. I would use them for everyday as well since we are constantly running out of clean dishes. A dozen dishes could just about get my family of six through the day, and we would only have to run the dishwasher once.




My favorite gift-worthy item from Pottery Barn were these hand-hewn Blonde Wood Pedestals that look just as good on their own as they do serving food. They range in price from $24.50 – $89.00. While they may be ordered with a monogram, I like them better as is. They remind me a little of a family of turtles. Cute, efficient, and smile generating.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I would love to hear your thoughts on today’s post. Please note: all comments will be reviewed before being published to protect readers from spam. Thank you!