Saturday, December 4, 2010

Holiday open houses this weekend


Last night was the Holiday Stroll in Andover.
I stopped by to visit Paula Bakies of Acorn Interiors at her new retail location at 10 Essex Street.
Lots of people came in to take a look at her new space, have a few treats, and see some of the work that
is leaving her showroom ...




An array of ottomans includes a
“before
(all white) and three “afters.These are available for purchase or can be
custom-designed by request. Let me know
if you need help choosing fabrics : )




Window treatments and ottoman for a girl’s room
designed by Lisa Pasquale (who happens to be
from my home town and is very talented!)





Paula transformed these vintage
chairs into modern beauties.



After leaving Acorn Interiors, I headed over to
another holiday open house at TaggArt Studio
which
is on Salem Street in Wakefield
. I took some pictures
of what you can find there on Saturday from
10am to 4pm, which is the last day
of their holiday trunk show ...



Some really pretty pieces of inspirational jewelry
designed by Linda Govostes-O’Neill




Gratitude journals and inspirational collage
gift items created by Marianne Snow



Music to celebrate the holidays
by local talent Noel Smith



Mary has a lot of beautiful original works of art available, but this one caught my eye. And remember when I said art lessons would make a great gift? Mary offers many classes for children and adults. Contact her for schedule details.





And don’t miss Beth Hylan of Studio B who is back in Wakefield just for this show. She has made a new home for herself in Concord, MA at Nesting on Main so you may also visit her there on Sunday from 12pm to 6pm during their Holiday Open House.


A gift I bought myself at New England Fine Living:
velvet purse with gold owl clasp from Vintage Wares


It is nice to know that I do not have to resort to mall-shopping this holiday season when there are so many creative shopping venues available locally.
If only I had more time to visit them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I would love to hear your thoughts on today’s post. Please note: all comments will be reviewed before being published to protect readers from spam. Thank you!