Sunday, March 1, 2015

Please vote for Design Vignettes!




Design Vignettes has been nominated for the second year in a row for Best Blogger Interior Design! My blog is up against a number of design blogs that have also been nominated (13 total in the Interior Design category) so every vote counts. If you enjoy this blog on a regular basis, I would truly appreciate your vote of support! 

Even more so, I would like to know why you follow this blog. Do you like the before and after makeovers, the sharing of design trends, local design event coverage, or other art related content? Is there a topic you would like to learn more about? Are you interested in reading more personal posts that are not design specific? Or do you rarely read blogs anymore and prefer a stream of Instagram images?

Since starting this blog in 2009, my life has certainly had a lot of significant changes ... from being a stay-at-home-mom of 4 who needed a creative outlet, to becoming a design show participant (on 8 different occasions), to creating a years worth of issues of a digital design magazine, to guest blogging for dozens of brands, to being invited to several design blogging events across the country, to working full-time for 3 different companies over the last 5 years.

I know that the opportunities that have presented themselves have without a doubt been influenced by the simple act of writing this blog, which helped to define my creative path. And how fun has it been to connect with and meet other design bloggers on the same journey!

And while my blog posts have certainly decreased as my work life has become more structured – and as my growing boys lives have required a new type of attention – I still feel compelled to post every now and then for whatever reason. To those of you who continue to come back to check in, thank you! And my sincerest gratitude to any of you new visitors who stopped by today and read to the end : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I would love to hear your thoughts on today’s post. Please note: all comments will be reviewed before being published to protect readers from spam. Thank you!