Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Room as artist's canvas ...

Michelle Nussbaumer’s work as featured on 1st Dibs,
photograph by Miguel Flores-Vianna



“I see myself as an artist and the client’s home is my canvas and all the furniture, antiques, textiles and artwork are my palette.
– Michelle Nussbaumer

One of the design themes of my space at the upcoming North Shore Design Show: Favorite Spaces is how decorating a room is just like creating a work of art. Colors, textures and objects combine to paint an emotional picture. A lot of designers feel this way. Take a look at this 1st Dibs interview with Michelle Nussbaumer of Ceylon et Cie where she expresses the same sentiment.
While you are there, check out the impressive list of Style Compass interviews with top designers and trend setters, some of whom I have met in my travels like Iris Apfel, Barclay Butera, Nate Berkus, and Kathryn M. Ireland. Plus there are lots of inspiring stories (with amazing photos!) from other prominent decorative artists, many of whom I would love to meet in the future ... wouldn’t you?!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I would love to hear your thoughts on today’s post. Please note: all comments will be reviewed before being published to protect readers from spam. Thank you!