Friday, April 16, 2010

A designer's to-do-list ...

One of my favorite pieces: some days it’s a bar cart ...

Vacation week???

It is Friday, the end of the week, and for some of us the beginning of school vacation (officially starting at 2:37 pm to be exact). I am hoping to get a lot of work done over the next week (interior design projects, graphic design projects, volunteer projects, keeping food in the fridge and laundry off the floor) while squeezing in a 10th birthday celebration and sufficiently entertaining the boys from morning until night (please just let me sleep in a little!) Not too much to ask, huh?


Last year it held a secret garden at the
North Shore Design Show: Tablescapes


Upcoming Design Events ...

I am most excited about pulling the items together for my designer space at the North Shore Design Show: Favorite Spaces which will run from May 14th until May 22nd at the Wenham Museum. This year, the event will be hosted by Kevin O’Connor from This Old House! He will be hosting a wine and cheese reception on Wednesday, May 19th where he will present highlights from the past 30 years of This Old House (he has been the host for around 6 years) and will share what is on the schedule for next season. I have SO many questions I would like to ask him about the renovations that are always underway at our own version of “this old house.
” This is one decorator event that my home-building husband is going to really enjoy (of course he will help me install my space, and then he will be my date for the Gala event : )



My tools of the trade ...

Until then, I have a lot of prep work to do, items to find and workroom projects to oversee. I will post updates over the next few weeks to give you an idea of what goes on before “opening night.”


Here is what my checklist is looking like:


• concept designed and approved
• program info delivered for printing
• fabrics/trims chosen; met with workroom
• all furniture pieces are in my possession
• have paint for miscellaneous projects
• need to order wallpaper, choose carpet
• have most decorative objects, but will
have to hunt a few down (the fun part!)
• shameless promotional work to be done : )
(twitter, facebook, email, send invites, etc.!)


Save the date ...


If you are in the area, I would love to see you at the show! I will actually be participating in the Meet the Designers Breakfast which is scheduled for Friday, May 21st from 9am to 11am. We will be giving a private tour of our spaces and will then have time to talk about design over a continental breakfast held across the street at the charming Wenham Tea House. Besides yours truly, there will be a lot of great designers participating in this year’s event. And there will definitely be some great decorating ideas for visitors to take home, so please spread the word!


1 comment:

  1. Loved your preparation for vacation week! Congratulations on being a part of the North Shore Design Show!
    I hope your vacation week is a good one. Love up those boys. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I would love to hear your thoughts on today’s post. Please note: all comments will be reviewed before being published to protect readers from spam. Thank you!