Friday, March 25, 2011

Y knot!



A while back I mentioned wanting to try my hand at creating patterns for fabrics, etc. What designer hasn’t searched for the perfect pattern in just the right color combination and wished they could just design what they were looking for?

With a background in illustration, graphic design, and print production, creating a pattern for fabrics (or other surface designs) seemed like a fun extension of the same creative process to me. After day dreaming about it for some time, I have finally given it a shot!


Y knot in White/Chocolate Milk, Small Scale
on an Alluminare
20 inch drum pendant light



This week my pattern
“Y knot” was introduced exclusively on Alluminare.com! Now anyone can order a throw pillow, lamp shade, fabric or wallpaper in this modern-geometric typography inspired pattern (see the chain of capital letter Ys?)

What I love about Alluminare is that each pattern they offer can be custom designed with a variety of colors and pattern sizes. See how easy it is to transform Y knot into completely different looks from subtle to bold ...




Y knot in Black/Cantaloupe, Largest Scale


This last pattern, when blown up to its largest scale, reminds me of a monarch butterfly! This was not intentional, just a pleasant surprise as butterflies happen to be one of my favorite graphic design icons.

Look for them in the following design show spaces:

North Shore Design Show, 2010
(can you find 3 in this post?)

North Shore Design Show, 2009
(can you see 5 in one photo?)

Danvers Historical Society Design Show, 2010
(can you find one?)


I plan on creating more patterns and hopefully a collection or two in the future. Thanks to the creative minds at Alluminare.com, custom pattern design is now a dream come true for me : )

Click here to see how you, too, can utilize the custom design features available at Alluminare.com!


1 comment:

  1. Yvonne, I love it. What a fun graphic print!! Fantastic.

    Beth Feury

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I would love to hear your thoughts on today’s post. Please note: all comments will be reviewed before being published to protect readers from spam. Thank you!