Thursday, October 13, 2016

ORC: Laundry Room Inspiration


Elan Imbuia Chrome Fabric
Semi Flush Mount Light


in Harbor Mist Maple Square





Brizo RSVP Chrome Widespread Lav Faucet
with Swarovski Crystal Finial




Freestanding Folding Ironing Board





Chrome Steel Garment Rack








Currently, our family laundry room is in utter chaos. It is my job this weekend to remove all of the offending baskets of no longer worn clothes that are on the floor (and destined for Goodwill), then take a true “Before” photo of the empty space to share with you all. Once it is cleared out, I can get back in there to paint the walls (will select a Sherwin Williams color ... to be determined), trim the windows (on my husband’s to-do list), and plan on how to incorporate built-in storage to this good sized room (9'6" x 10'6") that really could function as a walk-in closet. I found the above items (with the exception of the sink faucet which I had on hand from participating in a design show house) all at Lowe’s.

I also plan to take a field trip to my local Lowe’s store in order to see what else they may have available for my laundry room makeover. I have three windows that need treatments and I am contemplating some type of shutter for the bottom half of each window if possible since this room often serves as a changing room. I also need to choose a solid counter top and hardware. I really love the lighting fixture that I found (pictured above). It is just the right combination of elegance and whimsy for this hard-working space. 

Come back next week to see how I made out with my design finds and space planning! As I mentioned last week, I am working with Lowes and Decorist as a designer on call, so my goal is to treat this project as a way to show what is possible when utilizing this online design service.

Follow along with the other Calling it Home
One Room Challenge designers here:





media sponsor






1 comment:

  1. Laundry rooms are my favorite ORC projects (and a dream client project, I might add! Weird, I know...), and I can't wait to see yours, Yvonne! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I would love to hear your thoughts on today’s post. Please note: all comments will be reviewed before being published to protect readers from spam. Thank you!