Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Designing Gender Neutral Nurseries

Gender Neutral Nursery Design via Vivint Neighborhood Blog


It has been quite awhile since I have had to decorate a nursery of my own, and back then there were far fewer choices to design gender neutral nurseries without a traditional theme. My recent post for Vivint Home Neighborhood blog shares my thoughts on designing a gender neutral nursery inspired by both color and the latest design trends. It’s so much easier these days to create a welcoming environment for both baby and parents that’s unique, not expected. Below are my design plans that didn’t make it into the Vivint post, featuring custom furnishings and carpets from Bassett Furniture paired with limited edition prints that I selected from Minted (such a great site!) I love choosing art for interiors, and nurseries can be such a fun place to try out cool pieces by non-traditional artists.  



{Pink + Blue Nursery}


Grapefruity by Katie Craig





{Gray Nursery}
Sea Fever by Dean Street





{Nature Inspired Nursery}


All is Quiet by Jenni Kupelian




{Black + White Nursery}
Falling Stitches by Bethan





And below is one of my favorite nurseries of late, designed by Nate Berkus and Jeremiah Brent for their little one, Poppy. Read my related post on celebrity design for Vivint here.




design: Nate Berkus + Jeremiah Brent
photo credit: Douglas Friedman







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I would love to hear your thoughts on today’s post. Please note: all comments will be reviewed before being published to protect readers from spam. Thank you!