Sunday, November 18, 2012

Kitchen Tour Week: Day One


Company is coming! I figured Thanksgiving week would be a good time to show off the homes featured during the 5th Annual Wenham Museum Heart of the Home Kitchen Tour last month. I took a LOT of pictures (there were 9 homes on the tour) so I will have to break this post into a weeks worth of inspiring kitchen images. Its been awhile since I have posted on a daily basis, but I will give it my best shot. This first home, which dates back to 1765, has been thoughtfully renovated by its architect owner. Surrounded by garden-filled grounds, it is a lovely property that still maintains an historical feeling while accommodating 21st century family life. 



The well-organized mudroom is one of the new-and-improved additions to this vintage home.  


Country kitchen white beadboard walls and seeded glass cabinets are paired with a dual-fuel professional stove. The curved bow of the island provides comfortable seating while softening its visual edge. This family loves spending time on the water. They have decorated accordingly.




Soapstone sink and counter with a grooved dish drain are from Cumar Marble and Granite. Cross handle levered faucet from Salem Plumbing Supply.



The dining room welcomes with a long table, windsor chairs, and original hearth. The piano in this space reminds me of when families used to entertain each other instead of plugging in. 



A charming first floor powder room. Love the bar soap in the compote dish. More pretty styling: an embroidered hand towel.



In the side yard, an original soapstone sink has been cleverly transformed into an herb trough. I actually have one of these is in the basement of my 1904 farmhouse. If I can find a way to get it outside, I would love to do this next summer.



There were still some greens in the garden on the day of the tour. By now I am guessing it is all composted and resting for the winter to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I would love to hear your thoughts on today’s post. Please note: all comments will be reviewed before being published to protect readers from spam. Thank you!