Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What I am working on ...


Color and Design Consultations

All of a sudden I have a lot of decorating projects that I am working on again. This mudroom above, is an after photo in a home that I color consulted on about 5 or 6 years ago. It is an historic home with lots of great architectural details and the homeowner was not afraid of mixing it up a bit by using coordinating trim colors in most of the rooms. I recently went back to choose paint colors for three more spaces. I can’t wait to see how the dining room is going to come out with its new gray and cream color palette. Also on the agenda is choosing accessories for a teenage girls room, and a complete overhaul of another clients pet-friendly living room. 



Brick walkway at the Wenham Musuem

North Shore Design Show at Wenham Museum

It’s official! I am one of the participating designers once again for the Wenham Museum North Shore Design Show in May. This show is a perennial favorite of mine, as I have been involved in it since it first began back in 2009. This will be my fourth “favorite space” and I will be including a really cool item from the Designer Bath showroom. It will not, however, be a bathroom! Below is a sample of the carpet from Company C at Circle Furniture that will be part of my vignette.








Showroom Design Project

Speaking of Designer Bath, we are in the process of changing up some of our Beverly showroom displays. This soaking tub from WetStyle will be moved to another area and be replaced with an amazing new piece from Zucchetti. I won’t give it away just yet, but if you get the New England ASID newsletter, we featured it in our most recent ad (Spring 2012 – just arrived on my desk yesterday!) We recently stopped by to visit Lucy Dearborn at the Lucia Lighting showroom to pick out an amazing lighting fixture to go with our new look. It is going to be stunning! 




Decorator Pop-up Shop

This weekend I am having a retail sale of my own. Visit me at TaggArt Studio in Wakefield on Sunday, March 11th from 10am to 4pm. This will be a One-Day Decorator Pop-up Shop featuring dramatically reduced prices on design inventory that has been seen on the pages of New England Finery Magazine. It will be priced to sell! The magazine is scheduled to undergo a slight makeover of its own (more info later!) so I am making room for the changes to come. I will also have lots of fabric remnants, trims, vintage items and even custom window treatments from some of my past design shows for sale. As a special bonus, a friend of mine who reps a designer clothing line, will be having a sample sale. If you are sick of your winter wardrobe like I am – or if you want to freshen up your interiors – stop by and take home something new!

Are you a magazine junkie? I will be giving away years worth of design magazines (free for the taking) and perfect for ripping out room ideas that you like, pinning them on mood boards, or filing them away for inspiration. I hate to part with them, they are almost like scrapbooks to me, but I need to clear some space in my office for new projects.




Laura Thomson’s window display at the Lynnfield Library for Art in Bloom


Art in Bloom

And then on Monday night, March 12th, you’ll find me relaxing at the Lynnfield Library for the opening night of Art in Bloom. This is one of our favorite events of the year. Check out this post by my friend, Laura Thomson, who has just finished decorating the library window in preparation for next weeks show. I cant wait to see what she does with fresh flowers!


What else?

Along with trying to keep my families schedules on track while I am completely immersed in creative projects, there are also a few design related events coming up that I am really looking forward to attending. I am sure they will provide me with lots of design content to share, and will hopefully energize me enough to keep up this pace : )








1 comment:

  1. Thanks for including me in your post. Love the green trim in the mud room!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I would love to hear your thoughts on today’s post. Please note: all comments will be reviewed before being published to protect readers from spam. Thank you!