Thursday, January 7, 2010

A few shout outs ...


My boys got the above quote this week to set them off on the right foot (I am trying to encourage a supportive band of brothers and they seemed like they needed a gentle reminder). They always surprise me, however, when they can quickly rephrase the quote into kidspeak. According to son #2, “It means if you help someone, good things will happen.


In that spirit, I am listing links to the businesses of a handful of my friends. Anyone willing to put themselves out there with a business of their own deserves some wind in their sails every now and then. Be sure to mention that you saw them on my blog (I am actually trying to gauge audience interest in different products) or feel free to post a comment here to let me know your thoughts (you can even just anonymously check a box if you liked this post : )


Thank you in advance for visiting my friends!



People always stop me when I am
carrying a bag by Jane Skelley.




I am putting Oranta Millwork
in my own home ... soon!




If you have young children and live
in the Boston/North Shore area,
you will
love Wiggles & Giggles
for party entertainment or
parent-and-tot classes.




Special creative workshops at TaggArt Studio are looking good! What a cool idea to combine yoga with creative art instruction! Sign up now to register for other Winter 2010 classes. Classes begin Jan. 11th.



I wish this parent-to-parent matching service was around when I was home all day trying to keep up with a bunch of toddlers (and desperately wishing for adult conversation!) Discover new friends to help you navigate the ups and downs of parenthood at truebluematch.com. Or become a fan on Facebook to receive parenting tips, newsletters and friendly support from founder, Christine Cook (my trueblue friend since grade school!)



Some of the above friends are featured on my website Friends Who Design which I created in fall of 2008. My goal for this site was to promote creative friends in a virtual marketplace in order to share resources and references. When I came up with the idea for the site, I did not have any experience with blogging. Nowadays, I finder it quicker to share information through this blog, but I still update the Friends site often. Check it out and be sure to share it with your friends!

1 comment:

  1. Yvonne-
    Thanks so much for posting my website! I'm going to check out your other friends' sites.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I would love to hear your thoughts on today’s post. Please note: all comments will be reviewed before being published to protect readers from spam. Thank you!