Monday, November 9, 2009

More from BDC ... ideas for dining rooms


What I love ... a contemporary light sparkles
above a traditional table and chair set.
An interesting dining room is often a study in contrasts. These photos that I took last week at The Martin Group showroom in the Boston Design Center illustrate how to achieve a designer-look by creating a balance of opposites.


What I love ... pairing dark curved-back leather
chairs with a cream-colored straight edged table.



What I love ... offering cozy bench seating for two
on one or two sides of a smaller-scale table.


What I love ... a variety of chairs pulled up to this
farm table says “guests are welcome here.

The large wooden bowl of dried flowers reminded me of something my friend Beth would put together ...


Centerpiece created by Beth last year at a Tablescape Design
demonstration
for the Village Garden Club of Lynnfield.

Join us this weekend at
Beth Hylan Design Studio
for
style tips on creating
a harvest centerpiece for
your Thanksgiving table.
Sat., November 14th
from 2pm to 3pm


Beth Hylan Design Studio
159 Ash Street, Reading, MA
781.246.8552


Public Service Announcement:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I would love to hear your thoughts on today’s post. Please note: all comments will be reviewed before being published to protect readers from spam. Thank you!