Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Getting close to nature.


I am inspired this week by
the world outside my window ...
enjoy the view and bring some of
the outdoors-in for yourself.



The budding of the trees. My favorite green.


Hand printed Sprig Storage Box from bookhou.com
Organic. Practical. Beautiful.


Narcissus gone wild ... my deer friends obviously dont care for the taste of these scented beauties, because they are everywhere in my yard, yet I have only a couple of surviving tulips.



“White Flower, 1929

fine art print by Georgia O’Keefe

Pair an unusual frame with a contemporary print to make it unique. I am quite pleased with this classic design combination of “floral with stripes
that I created using the Frame Studio feature at art.com. The warm gold frame (Cosmo Metallic) is a nice complement to the cool blue and white of the print.

Bringing colors indoors ...


If you love the sunny yellow of a forsythia, try painting a room with Benjamin Moore Hawthorne Yellow HC-4. It is subtle in tone, almost buttery, and will avoid the “highlighter yellow that would result if you match to the flowers true color. Add linens in soft greens with pops of bright rhododendron pink, plus dark woods as an accent, for a fresh first-weeks-of-spring palette. Try plugging in your favorite colors as I did here compliments of Benjamin Moore Personal Color Viewer




This print says floral in a subtle way. Put a couple of pillows made in this fabric on a khaki colored sofa, and all of a sudden it looks fresh and modern. Hatteras Daffodil Fabric $50 per yard, available through Company C.


A tree trunk left bare of it’s bark ...
(deers devour bark like some of us
humans devour salty snacks!)




Tables made from reclaimed wood available through Pottery Barn ...
Rustic Wood Accent Table $199.00 - $249.00


Take a shot at making your own if you happen to have some dead trees hanging around and a decent saw-z-all. My husband was inspired to make this pair of rustic chairs. I was impressed.


Perhaps if I keep feeding the neighborhood deers, they might be so kind as to drop a couple dozen antlers as a thank you?

Paul Bunyan, Large Chandelier: 6 feet high, 6 1/2 feet wide, 24 lights

These antlers – shed naturally – would look stunning hanging in my barn/future function hall (my husband and I both come from large families, every gathering is like a small catering event!). I’ll have to wait to collect deer gratuities, however, because this amazing creature is sale priced at an impressive $5,990.oo antlerartinc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I would love to hear your thoughts on today’s post. Please note: all comments will be reviewed before being published to protect readers from spam. Thank you!